On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Two of them have the same measurements/look, but the handle on the 3rd one is different than the other two.

Views: 82

Replies to This Discussion

Hay hooks, meat hooks are smaller.


I also say hay hooks, not sure about the handled one?


These look like ice hooks to me.

There are also pointed ice pliers, but the hooks are also used.


Logged many hours using HAY HOOKS. The one with a handle is used to drag a bale and put it "in line" so that the tractor's PTO, ground-to-hay wagon conveyor can pick up the bale. Two men (or women) receive the bale and stacks them. If no conveyor, one man uses 2 hooks and his knee to lift the bale up and onto the wagon, where another using 2 hooks grabs it and stacks it. Tough work. Now they make large wheels of hay and use fork trucks. Or self-loading hay wagon trucks. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, hay hooks have been used to catch fish...sturgeon live in the Snake River (Idaho/Oregon)and grow to 15' long, around 350 years old. I think they're a protected species now.

Tom, Thanks again for the great information you have provided.


Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2023   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service