TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

If you're lucky...Eisenhower?

That's what I was thinking 

The time period certainly fits and his head shape seems fairly unique. I love the farmer way in the background.

That's me...not.

I checked Ebay and I didn't see the same photo. 

My father served in the Air Force at Castelvetrano in Sicily and took this photo in December 1943 when President Roosevelt and Gen. Eisenhower visited.  I've seen hundreds of similar photos taken by the soldiers during these dignitaries visit.  My father played sax in the Air Force and his music group entertained these two and were written up in the Philadelphia newspaper where my mother was living.

Cool !

Lloyd's lucky!  You can't see this "fella's" face but you can see his ear.  I found another picture of Ike, side view,  and sketched a pic of his ear and your fella's ear and Ike's are the same ear.

During the war Ike almost always wore his uniform. Your picture is post WW II, guess 1948-1958.

When Ike came to Spokane during his campaign I ran out to his car and got a quickly scribbled "Ike" autograph.

When were 4 button sleeves popular on men's jackets? Late 1950s, I think.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service