TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Is porcelain with a raised bird and bamboo motif on a (fired on) bronzey glaze, numbered in hand 45, thanks you.

Views: 54

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

My 2 dollar guess Japanese Coalport design Grove Blue Swallows Birds in Bamboo circa 1880s.. hopefully this will get you closer to an actual ID and not any "Red Herrings"  I was just using google image search and refining down and down.  Good luck

already searched the web, with same results

My guess is chinoiserie, Asian designs made in Europe, especially France.  "45" isn't a recognizable Mark for Japan or China.

"Willows" or "Blue Willows" is a well known pattern of blue song birds-palms-bamboo-pagodas etc in cobalt on white. It is made in England.  The blue song birds look a lot like those on your piece which is why I believe yours is European, 20th Century.

Question:  Is there a lip inside the throat for a lid?  Your piece looks more like a ginger jar w/o a lid than a vase...

I do agree it's probably made in England or France. Has no lip, definitely a vase or planter. Thanks

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service