TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Views: 83

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Please provide as much information as you can about the item you are needing help with.

Provide photos of the object you are asking about.

Include a description of the item you are asking about (size, color, markings, condition, date).

Narrative Information (The Story that goes with the Finding the Object)
If you if think it would help and you would like to share, briefly tell us where you acquired the object...i.e. "passed down from my mother's mother who is now 94 ", "found it when I was in Holland 30 years ago", "washed up on the beach last summer".

The more information you can provide, the more information, we can provide you!

My ideas: I can't tell if it's wood, metal, ceramic or plastic. I can't tell how tall it is; it could be a thimble for a finger, or a finial off a lamp, or a bell, or a double boiler pot, or off a rotary lawn mower, or off a steam engine. Size matters.

You need to provide more information; we are not mind readers.

Had you read the instructions you would know that Molly's reply is what the instructions tell you.

I guess you're probably new here...Welcome to IAO!

It looks like a Chinese or Japanese tea caddy to me.

Though there are a wide variety of those, the shape to me screams Asian influence.

The photo you showed of its inside appears quite stained, though not sure if that is simply part of the finish as similar marks appears on the underside.

I agree with the others also, in that we need additional information, dimensions, other photos of it open from a little further back so we can see it as a whole.  Closeup photos are great and we should always have them, but seeing how it opens and from different angles helps us understand how it would look if in front of us, not just the 2D aspect of photographs.

hi, thanks for all the help I believe this is made of wood. I will be more detailed in the future.

Attachments:

William you took away one of the photos showing the underside of the container...  you'd be better off adding more images.

Also, is there any writing visible on the item, either inside or outside? There does seem to be something written on the inside.

Image result for Tiny domed wooden asian snuff box roundImage result for Tiny domed wooden asian snuff box round

Now that I can see what size it is, I am thinking antique wooden snuff (opium, trinket) box. 

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service