TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Does anyone recognise the silver marks on this Victorian brooch please? Thank you.

Views: 57

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jeannine, Yes, I do recognize your marking. I believe it is the European version for Sterling, or close to sterling. Russia and East Europe have some stranger markings as well.

Here is an article on it: http://blog.hunterridgejewelry.com/2014/06/27/the-difference-betwee...

Hello Vicki - it's not the 830 that has me stumped, it's the strange mark below. But thank you :)

OH, LOL, I'm blind, or practically anyways! It looks like an upside down easter lily?

You might google to the Jewelry makers marks, assay marks and or hallmarks. It is probably for either a town, an assay office or a maker in Europe. They were pretty strick with markings on precious metals, so sometimes it pays off to try and find it!

Good Luck, It's very pretty!

I tried all that before asking for help here, so no go there. Anyway, I'm not going to drive myself crazy with this search - I don't have the patience! The good news is I paid 99 pence for it on eBay - no on else bid for it! :)

WOW, Great price! and your right. It really doesn't matter much as to maker/hallmark in most cases anyways.

And a super nice find! :)

Thanks - I love it!

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service