TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hello All,

Could you please help to ID this milk jug? I tried to work out at least when was it manufactured but I still have absolutely no idea... Any info would be much appreciated

Thank you

Views: 58

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Can you supply another photo much closer up of the writing underneath.  There is too much glare on the lower right hand characters to be legible enough.

At a quick look though it appears to be Japanese Meiji period, which would put it between 1868-1912. An enamelled Imari/Kutani vase.

Japanese Antique Kutani Porcelain Water Pitcher of Birds and Flowers

Related image

Two different jugs?  Handle on right, bird scenes are not the same...therefore you have 2 different pitchers.  Same colors, style, design, different scene...even the background looks the same, different colors (flash) same texture.

The example I provided was just for reference.  Michael said Katani and this one was Katani, with many similarities.

Makes sense, thanx.

www.Gotheborg.com shows other porcelain wares in same colors, bird scenes, style as yours.  In link, find #475, 685, 484 and 485. They're altogether.  Indicates they are Kutani, 7 Valleys (there are other Kutani locations) circa 1880 to 1900.

http://gotheborg.com/marks/kutani.shtml

Oops, I said Kutani 7 Valleys. Meant to say 9 Valleys.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service