TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Good morning, everyone!  I'm looking for information regarding this piece.  The print itself measures 22 1/2" wide by 33" tall, and it is printed on something like heavy cardstock and not poster paper.  I've searched for quite a while and I cannot find anything like it online.  Any help would be most appreciated!

Views: 70

Replies to This Discussion

I've only found one reference to it online myself in visual form. This website is showing artworks in many styles and forms and includes your poster with the caption (POSTER FOR LIFE MAGAZINE 1964 New York is the World Exposition, Tokyo is Olympic) but gives no further information about its origin.

d.hatena.ne.jp

Thank you!  That's exactly like the one I have.  I wish he'd included more information, though!  The search continues!  :)

I located this auction page by using tineye.com:  However, I couldn't get to a detailed photo of yours:

https://tineye.com/search/7b0bf985fc7b5715a61ad80f6f560368390422a6/...

What a helpful website you referenced.  I will definitely be using it in the future.  By the time I checked this post the auction had apparently ended, so I cannot see if there were any details about the piece.  It seems to be very rare, which we all know doesn't necessarily mean valuable.  Thank you for your post!

I found out about tineye.com on another Facebook group.  I had never heard of it.  I downloaded their program so I could right click on an image to try to find it.  I use it in addition to Google Image Search.  Sometimes one finds it and the other doesn't.  When I searched using your image initially, it took me to the auction, but  I couldn't see your image - just that it was an auction.  I wonder if you wrote to that auction site if they would tell you anything.  Maybe not.  It's such a neat poster.

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service