TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Here lies a 1917 binding with the title being "Paris Girls." Enclosed is 16 original watercolor drawings which are original prints from 1917 of girls appearing in quite the risque fashion. The pictures are in great condition. There is a no creases amazingly. The wear on the pictures are only natural due to being a century old. There is a couple small and hardly noticeable blemishes on 2 pictures. Back then this kind of art was frowned upon, hence the rarity of this collection being an almost "one of a kind." You won't get lucky enough to find the same edition if you tried although they do exist. Back then, these were abolished by most if found, Making artwork like this is a high interest item for collectors. My grandfather had this tucked away in the attic my whole 28 years on this earth. He must have collected this unique piece while he was in Europe during his military days.

Leo Fontan, Suzan Muenier, Maurice Milliere, and Albert Penot were the artists of the illustrations. Their illustrations are of then, models of their era. Leo Fontan's portraits are of the soccer star of Monaco, Abel Faivre or Jeune Favre (Jeune meaning young.) If you look closely to each of the four composers you will notice that each has their own female model that they are glorifying. If you google images of the soccer star and apparent risque supermodel you will notice that he is indeed portraying Abel Faivre. Maurice Milliere is known to have portrayed his wife for many years. I believe Suzan Muenier portrayed herself in her only piece. And Albert Penot, known famously for his drawing of Batwoman, is still a mystery to me after some crucial research.
For the list of paintings:

1. GROWING: A. PENOT
2. A HEARTACHE: A. PENOT
3. REPAIRING DAMAGES: A. PENOT
4. DON'T COME IN: SUZ. MUENIER
5.DREAMLAND: A. PENOT
6. THE SLEEPING BEAUTY: A. PENOT
7. CHERRY LIPS. MAURICE MILLIERE
8. LOVE OR MONEY: LEO FONTAN
9. GIRL WITH GOLDFISH: A. PENOT
10.THE PROPITIOUS MOMENT: MAURICE MILLIERE
11. THE MAUVE PYJAMAS:MAURICE MILLIERE
12.TAKING A REST: A. PENOT
13.SHORT AND SWEET: LEO FONTAN
14. WOMEN AND WINE: LEO FONTAN
15. THE BLUE PYJAMAS: MAURICE MILLIERE
16. THE BLACK SKIRT: MAURICE MILLIERE
picture size- 11x14 (x16+binding=17 frame-able pieces)
This is a very rare collection and if you don't believe me, try to find another one like it. I would love to see what more is known about "Paris Girls." This edition was produced by Librairie de L' Estampe, 21, Rue Joubert Paris (iXe) Copyrighted in 1917.

I for the life of me could not attach all 16 photos

Here are where ALL of the photos are at:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s86.photobucket.com/user/britter84/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>

Views: 152

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

All 16 pics is over-kill; I think 8 is the maximum. You can post them all on your Members page if it's important and then link to it from here. But as it stands 3 pics gives us a good idea what the missing ones are like.

1917 France was at war. These may have been sold or given to troops but trash mags were not allowed when I was in the Navy 45 years later. Bad for the morale.

Well he somehow made that happen. I never trusted anyone more than him. He snatched the item and shipped it back probably. I never asked I wish I could though! I worked hard to figure out how to attach a file. Im sorry if it offended you I just thought you may have needed more detail. I studied art but finding a value for a piece like this is hard. I added this page because I could tell antiques intrigue you. I have been collecting and learning quickly because I started watching antique roadshow and pickers and realized how easily this cool stuff could be acquired. This collection has been by far the most difficult to appraise. I have been offered 120 per 18 total prints. I was told they could go for a thousand or more a piece in an auction. I was turned down by 3 of the largest auctions in the world because they were unsure the collection would reach 10,000. Which i didnt realize at first. Do you have any suggestions ....please ! I would give commission to you. I have hundreds of other belongings i knew him better before by. Thanks and
God bless

This type of  art, semi-nudes, doesn't offend me. There is no way I can appraise your art from photographs no matter how many pictures I look at. You are talking about a man only defined as "he" or "him" and I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

As for commissions, no, our work here is 100% FREE.

Getting the highest price involves "time". If these were inherited your investment is nil. There are all kinds of ways to sell them.The easiest and fastest is as a Lot. You can check out auction houses but talk is cheap. If somebody said they're worth $10k say, "Sold" and then watch him back out...

EASY WAY TO POST PICTURES.

Find your pic, rt click "copy image"; return here, type something FIRST, rt click "paste".

My grandfather, Honorable Judge Farrel Hatch. I want to thank you and express to you that I appreciate whatyou have going on here. I have recently had an exponential excitement in art and old cool things. So I have gained some knowledge.....no pro whatsoever....but this is my main job and I appreciate this sort. I offered to monetarily help because I want to show appreciation. But anyways, would you say its crucial to be at the right auction I am sure... I am just in the hunt. Luckily there are two double prints so I will still have two pictures while selling the collection....another question i have asked myself was should I sell as a whole? I kind of thought so personally. I sincerely appreciate advice. So thanks. But do you think I could talk over the phone with you and examine the pictures if that would help? They are definitely lithographs that haven't been personally signed. Certainly authentic....I could scan better pictures for sure. 

Thank you, 

Amanda Jo

It took me less than 5 minutes to find another copy of this same book online, with the owner asking for its' possible  value.  I didn't want to click anywhere on that page and have cookies downloaded into my browser.  I wanted to pass this on to you in the event you hadn't found this specific webpage.  If I owned this book I definitely would want to sell it in a single auction.  I've been selling on eBay for at least 12-15 years and often had items go unsold until the right buyer saw my listing and immediately purchased it for my asking price.  Things have changed as far as my eBay sales and now I sell perhaps one item a month.  My main collections were in art glass, glass paperweights and vintage pocket knives so I have little experience in collectible art.  I did once research an oil painting that I'd inherited and found 5-6 other sales over the years where none of the sellers bothered to take the time to research the artist's history.  The artist had signed each of her works with only initials of her first and her middle name and her full last name.  I had then found one of this same artist's works for sale at the Adobe Gallery in New Mexico with an asking price of $2,500.00.  I messaged the gallery with the artist's full name, gave them her life history and they added my information to their listing.  Their large painting sold in 2 days for the asking price.  That sale combined with the artist's full name and her life story increased the value of my oil painting.  I later found another of her works for sale on eBay and that listing also noted her name with only the initials on the painting.  That seller had also been too lazy to research this artist's full name and I purchased that painting for $245.00.  To me that was a real deal.  Auction houses won't have a clue as to the possible value of your Paris Girls collection and what you need to do is decide how much you want for this and keep listing it until you find someone who shares your appreciation for this item.  I prefer selling on eBay so that I can keep most of the selling price and I have seller protection as far as payment and eBay protection for my item.

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/20220-paris-girls-16-water...

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service