I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Happy New Year Everyone~

Let me preface this by saying I am not a collector.....but I am attracted to curious things ;-)

Yesterday I came across two snow globes I've owned for some time.

I am just curious to know more about them and hope someone here can provide me with information.

Thanks so much,

Views: 123

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Trish,
Your Mount Vernon snow globe has a coated paper insert inside and an excellent decal on a bakelite base.
From the 50s, give or take. Value $45. - $65. as there are quite a few around. Fairly easy to ship. Just pack well.
The other older one is very early. 1920's - 1940's. Cobalt blue glass base. with very early and crude angels and stars. Possibly the stars are meant to be on top of Christmas trees. These are very hard to find with a full amount of water so the seals must be still in very good condition.

That said. These are extremely fragile and do not travel well.
If the blue cobalt is shipped you will need to larger than normal box create lots of cushioning around it.
Value is not necessarily high. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it. $20. - $60.
I hope that helps.
I hope that helps.

Hi Andy~

Thanks so much for the wealth of info!

I do have one more question---any idea as to whether these are US or foreign made??

Hi Again Trish,

MT VERNON is US made, probably by ATLAS CRYSTAL WORKS, as I think they first imported the bakelite bases for their globes they made themselves, then manufactured the ceramic types as well, later in Trenton NJ.
The cobalt blue one is early German made mostly for the export market and imported to the US.
I am pretty sure that is accurate but if any one has anything to add please do so.

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service