TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I have a chair I recieved when my mother died.  This chair is at least from the 1920s if not before.  If anyone can help me with any history or timeperiod would be great.  I would love to find out as much as I can.  The eyes appear to be porcelin enlay.  The lips are red and the teeth are white.  For as long as my family has owned it there has never been any repairs or any kind of work done on the chair.  Please help or at least send me in the direction of someone whom might be able.  Thanks in advance.

Views: 388

Replies to This Discussion

Michael,    It is a wonderful chair.  It would help people if you showed the entire chair, bottom, etc.  This always helps determine age, etc.  From what I can see, the chair its self, is familiar, but not with the emblem on it.   I am thinking maybe, someone added the emblem & painted, around it, on the wood circle of the chair.  Anyway, who ever carved the face is an outstanding wood carver.  I am anxious to see what others thinks.

Brenda up in the tag area is a link to photobucket website that has other shots of the chair.  or just go to photobucket.com and look for rescueandheal. 

Thanks Michael

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service