TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I recently purchased this item at auction and would love to know more about it and it's value if at all possible. this item is farm fresh and has never been offered to the public before. It is approx. 6 inches tall and about 3 inches across at its widest points. the paint is original and has no touch up. it is a metal cast (nonmagnetic). I have not cleaned it in any way so it is all original. it does have a makers mark on the bottom of the pot saying National Prod. Inc.  Chicago, Ill. but I can not find any info on them.

Views: 317

Replies to This Discussion

OMG, I don't like anything about this. It scares me a little. Any Idea what the story behind it is?

Thanks Bigsarge for your interest. I was about to give up that this site was still active.

I've never seen one before this but after acquiring it I have tried to investigate it's history. It took me forever to decipher where it was made and was finally able to see that it was made by National prod. inc. in Chicago but when I look the company name up there is no history that I can find. The piece itself is very well made but it is scarey I have to admit. It's cast of some nonmagnetic metal that I suspect may be aluminum but i'm not sure. It shows a silver finish inside and where there is paint loss with no signs of tarnish on those areas. I really don't know when it was produced and would really like to know. I have seen a few on e-bay but none complete with the pot and all in much worse shape. I do see some "replicas" out there but they are extremely crude and I find them extremely offensive if they have no history but are just out there for the dollar. If you see or hear anything to add to this any help would be most appreciated. I am offering it on e-bay but get lookers but no offers yet.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service