On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

can anyone tell me the name of this ?


Views: 303

Replies to This Discussion

can anyone tell me the name of this ??



it almost looks like a hand operated saw or some sort of toy, is it cast iron?

Hi, I think its a relay or switch. Looks like when it gets voltage it pulls in. Very Cool. It may be for a toy its so colorful.  Do you want to sell it? Just asking. Tony.

It looks like a servo, or two of them. One pulls, the other pushes and together the wheel goes around.

Example:  In a pinball machine, the steel ball lands in a hole which closes a switch which causes the servo to briefly open and to close which causes the ball to be ejected.  Another example are the flippers which  are player activated with a button.  When pressed it activates a servo that causes the flipper to move which shoots the ball back into play.

Servos burn out and cannot be repaired. I owned a video arcade 1980-83 and replaced many servos.  I would guess that your device may be for teaching rather than a toy. Without protection touching the two wires would render a shocking experience!


Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig


Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.


JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2023   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service