TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

This was left my the people that owned the house before my parents bought it. My dad tried to take it down once and tore it on the lower right side (visible in photo). The guy across the street from me is a model train  enthusiast and said that this poster is collectible because it shows a pink train engine that was made for girls to play with in the late 50s. However, he added that because of the tear and also he thinks it was cut off at the bottom (to fit in the wall space), and is attached to the wall with numerous thumb tacks, this seriously detracts from the price. I can't get to it to measure it accurately - there a huge train table in front of it the owner left when he moved, but I think it at least 5 feet long and 3 feet high. Any ideas what it might be worth in this condition?

Views: 266

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

In 1957 Lionel came out a train set targeting girls. The locomotive and tender were pink, along with several other rail cars (gondolas, hoppers and a caboose). This set was produced only 1 year but appeared in the '57 and '58 catalogs. It was a total failure. Thus the poster was printed in 1957. I did find a listing on ebay. The seller is selling two of these posters, one in good shape the other with edge damage. He gives the poster dimensions as 44" by 74". Looking at his photo, it appears your poster is not cut off at the bottom. Currently he has one bid at $85.99, but as I stated above, the auction is for two posters, with one being in very good condition.  I would put the link here, but once the auction closes and after a period of time, the link will not bring up this item. So here is the listing item number 170658861488 or do a search using his title 2 Lionel Trains Posters Large 44 x 74 . I hope this helps.

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service