TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

This is a bit of local history - a pamphlet published by the Joshua Anthony Company of Clifton Park, NY on the uses of baking soda. This business folded in the 1930s, but apparently this pamphlet was issued in 1876 going by the date on calender on the back cover. I believe my mother acquired it when the family auctioned off the contents of the business in the 1980's. It is in remarkably good condition, if it is that old, and measures 3.5" x 5". I advertised it for sale locally for $15 and a man came to look at it. He said it was a reproduction and offered me $2 for it, which I refused. I was dubious since I didn't think a small local business would go to the trouble and expense of making a "reproduction" of something they did already. Any opinions on this, or should I have accepted his offer?

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

It's hard to tell. You can't really be sure unless you examine the item in person, and the person should have some knowledge of paper ephemera. Hope this helps.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service