TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi All,

I am trying to determine the origin of this litho.  It has many interesting features including a chronology of the major events leading up to the Spanish American War followed by the major events of the war.

The paper is very thick like a card stock and it is very brittle.  The graphics are beautifully colored and there is no pixilation.  A.B. Graham is credited with several naval scenes from this time period as well as US geological survey maps so it seems he is somehow connected to the US government.

Soldiers are featured around the outside part of the print and they are the key players of the war effort including Dewey, Miles, Lee, McKinley, Roosevelt, and many others.  Also pictured is George Washington.  

The soldier I show above the company H 203d NY Vol. Inf. title is actually a photo afixed to the poster.

Does anyone know what this piece would have been used for ? I know company H came from Ogdensburg, NY but I don't know if this was to hang up in a local spot to back the war effort, or a display piece after the war.  It doesn't look like a memorial poster or anything like that.  A value would also be great but I can imagine that might be tricky.

Thanks for any help!

John

Views: 86

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

A couple more photos

Attachments:

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service