On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

You go to a yard sale and you hit pay dirt! You've found an old tackle box just full of fishing items. You can't wait to get home and sort it all out and play play play! So....What did you find?

Views: 188

Replies to This Discussion

Last Friday, I went to the only garage sale that advertised fishing equipment. And I hit the jackpot. I went thru what seemed like a couple of hundred lures or other stuff, and when I was all done I came away with 10 items. All of which had been made in Michigan. Some no longer in business - but still in their orginal packages. I have included several on my home page.
Awesome! I'm heading over there to take a peak!

From about 1830 most of my family has lived within 20 miles of salt water and/or the Atlantic Ocean. Tackle boxes were handed down like antique heirlooms are in most families. While I spent many hours fishing the ocean, the fishing "bug" never got into my blood. I did it only to spend time with the the "guys" of the family. Never-the-less... I was thrilled to come into posession of my Great Grandfather's tackle box, just because it was his. In this box there was something I always treasured... his "resident pin" to the fishing pier at Brielle NJ..
The pin is Sterling Silver and just about as tall as a U.S. quarter is wide.
I live 75 miles from the ocean now but this pin reminds me of the days spent way out beyond the breakers.
Now, that's what I'm talking about. Fishing is more about memories in many families. Spending time with the ones we love. My hubby is picked on alot, we call him the "Rock Fisherman". He tries harder that anyone I've ever known to catch the "Big One" and comes up with a rock frequently. He lost his dad at age 12 and wants his children to have memories to last. Our children love to go and spend time with dad. Even if they don't ever catch anything but rocks. I know they will always cherish the time they spent together. Thanks for sharing Les! I've never seen a piece like this before.
Apparently the beach at Brielle was a rather exclusive neighborhood in those days. They didn't let those scruffy North Jersey people near the water. lol
Family legend has the 'old man' out on the pier every day it wasn't snowing.
I'm told that the pier was destroyed in a hurricane during the 1930's, and never rebuilt.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service