TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi, I have this really unique handwritten Antique commonplace from the 1870's that I need a little help with. 

It features some poems that are published poems including works such as "The Deacon's Masterpiece" by Oliver Wendell Holmes, "King John and the Abbot of Canterbury" by anonymous, "Excellency of Christ" by Giles Fletcher and other works. Some of the works I'm not sure are published and some I believe are original works from the writer. It also seems to have a letter and 2 entries on vacations to places, one being "Vacation to Florence 1874." 

Unfortunately I'm not too good at reading cursive so I was wondering if anybody could take a look to see if theres anything interesting to help identify the original author. There are a few signatures from who ever wrote it throughout the commonplace.

I took a whole ton of pictures (maybe around 50) of pages from the book, and pictures of the various signatures throughout. Unfortunately when I uploaded the pictures they got a bit disorganized so I apologize about that. I might try to reorganize them when I have time and I may also decide to photograph the entirety of the commonplace if thats helpful and or necessary to identify the writer.

http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/IAmAries/library/Antique%20Common...

Views: 22

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service