TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Is this set worth listing? Set but tarnished and or aged. 

Crescent LaSalle pattern in Nickle Silverplate. 

Views: 72

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

I like the crisp lines for today's modern (lack of) style. Buff it and list it.

Thank you. 

Hi Graceful, Pretty set! It's looking a bit odd for silver though. Are you sure this is silver plate? I think it much more likely that it's either Pewter, or Nickel Silver (which is a lead based metal). It appears to be "Transitional" Meaning that is was made between two periods, Art Nouveau and Art Deco.

That would date your set to approx. 1900 - 1920. If that helps you? Try looking up your pattern name at Replacements.com. This is a good way to find out just what you have, if they carry it.

Otherwise, if you look at the top of our page here, you will see several links that you can use to id silver and silverplate. Let us know if you find out!

EPNS=Electro plated nickel silver

Crescent LaSalle pattern in Nickle Silverplate. 

------------

Thank you. Yes, nickle silver and not silverplate. 

I put that in my OP. 

It is the LaSalle pattern as stated. 

I will list it. Thank you all. 

Sandy

No, silver on top of nickle. The silver may be gone from wear showing the base nickle.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8186093_identify-silver-epns.html

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service