TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi all (Jeffrey!),

I just picked up these 2 Tiffany 925 squirrel nut dishes and they seem unscratched from ever being polished. Even my Weimann's seems to leave fine buff marks on at least the plate I've been using it on.

Any suggestions as to a near scratch free polish? I've memorized Jeff's descending list of abrasives but am wondering what's the best 1st move. They have been polished in past as you can see the residual polish in the grooves.

Views: 56

Replies to This Discussion

Good day!

I have a page on Silver Polish Abrasion Ratings that shows Weiman's to have very mild abrasion. First thing I would do is use one of these brushes to remove the dried polish before using one of these extremely mild polishes:

Extremely Mild Abrasion

• 3M Tarni-Shield Silver Polish (rinse and dry, brightens & protects)
• Blitz Silver Polish (rinse and dry or let dry and buff, brightens & protects)
• Earth Friendly Silver Polish (rinse and dry, maintains original finish, no protection)
• Twinkle Silver Polish (rinse and dry, brightens & protects)

Please contact me again should you have any additional questions.

Thanks Jeffrey, these each have one changed screw for the squirrel mount-I guess that affects the $ somewhat...will show post results.

And have you tried Howard's silver polish yet? seems to have a more chemically odor to it and seems to work a bit just with application.

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service