TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Yet another Goodwill find. This "Newmaid" / "Picquot " ware teapot made in England. This one has seen better days ( handles need stained and body polished), but can be completely restored by the company which is still in business for roughly $80.00. I thought the design was awesome ! It has a sycamore handle and a hornbean lid lifter. I don't mind the way it looks actually just proof that it's original and that old.  They were marked "Newmaid "prior to the 50's and 60's which were by then called "Picquot" ware. Here's some condensed info from their website.

The history of Picquot ware Burrage and Boyd was a company formed in 1932 which produced Non-Electric Vacuum Cleaners. An alloy especially developed for Picquot Tableware called "Magnaillium "  ( Maganese / Aluminum) is polished (not plated), is cast in one piece to ensure no leaks occur around the spout, is especially designed spouts for smooth non-drip pouring, is machined and has milled lid hinges for perfect fit and can be rejuvenated after many years use.  Although many competitors were switching to plastic handles, Picquot ware has always retained the distinctive sycamore wooden handle and hornbeam lid lifters. It was felt that no plastic could imitate the grain of real wood.

My find in the rough. To restore or not......that is the question ?

Here's an example of how it should look after a restoration. All shiny and new !

Views: 2290

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sherry,

Russell Wright Pottery ? Must check that out sounds interesting from your description. The thing is, I was just getting ready to leave and I always do another quick walk around. I could very well have left and missed this tea pot. Sometimes they put things out on the shelves while you're in another part of the store so I always double check . - Mike-

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service