On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

What Is The Most Expensive Pick You Made Cause It Cost A Bundle To Get It Home?

What Is The Most Expensive Pick You Made Cause It Cost A Bundle To Get It Home?

Right now, the dresser I wrote about in the comment wall that has a quirky smell (moth balls, cedar, old age, varnish......) has cost me a bundle because I have payed for it to be picked up and brought to my home and picked up and now brought to my antique store......and who knows it may be back again to my basement. Dont get me wrong it is a beautiful 1930s painted white dresser with mirror, but my nose knows it cant handle the  smell.

Di9anne

Views: 74

Replies to This Discussion

Dianne if you put cheap, don't buy the new type, cat litter and put it in containers then set them in all the drawers for about 3 months (wrap the dresser in heavy duty plastic seal with tape) it will absorb the smell.

I bought a stunning huge armoire but it cost me an extra $500 for shipping and it took 4 months to get to me. Even though it brought the cost up considerably I love it with all the awesome storage for my antique linens and textiles.

Dena

The most expensive item(s) I ever bought were my record album collection, 3500 or so that is not completely listed yet (far from it).

I would say the cost to get them home adds to the purchase: 3 truck loads and 1 jeep load of records...the gas to bring them home!!  LOL

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service