On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Is this show and American Pickers Good OR Bad for the antiques and collectibles business

Do you think these shows hurt or help brick and mortar antique shops when trying to buy from the public?  Over the last six months I have had at least two dozen people  come in  and act ambivalent about selling due to their perceptions of chicanery on these two shows.  What are your experiences with the public since the advent of "reality" antiques on national television?

Views: 415

Replies to This Discussion

True, they do ... but I've yet to see a viable competitor. We can only hope. Nothing lasts forever, and neither will eBay.

I am so sorry about your loss. But Ebay is the only thing we have right now. I quit a large corporation after 20 years as I was close to having a nervous breakdown. I have worked selling part-time on Ebay for about 6 years and I hope to make it selling now full-time.

It is the only choice I have.

Again my deepest sympathies for your loss. Anne Marie aka blackvelvetvintage

I agree-if you are going to get screwed that will happen on Ebay. American Pickers are honest when they tell the seller why they need it at a lower price. If those items are sitting in a barn its obvious it was not precious enough to keep in the house-most of the time the seller wants to wheel and deal and hey-nothing wrong with haggling. The seller has the ultimate decision and the right to tell them "NO" and I have seen episodes where they do say "NO" I am going to hang on to it.  If they agree on a price and transaction both parties are happy. As for Pawn Stars-I like the fact they do call in the experts, and everyone get educated on that particular item. In the end the customer can decide to take the offer or walk away.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service