TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Who remembers  hanging this popular poster in their apartments or Dorm rooms? 

Views: 136

Replies to This Discussion

After my time (the poster, not the sentiment) but I never really liked this - always seemed too simplistic and not terribly convincing. (It reached the intellect, but not the emotions.)

Hmm Bill...I always thought poster was a direct hit to the crux of the matter.

I never saw it before but I agree with Bill about it being simplistic. I had two "emotional" reactions: "no kidding" and children are not "things".

I was hoping to see a poster of Farah Fawcett.

Too funny.

That one took a lot of minds off the war. Personally, if I'd had a poster then, or even now, it would Dennis Hopper from Easy Rider telling everyone that "you're number one" (or something...)

The year was (I think) 1969. Hopper and Fonda. Hopper is pointing at the clouds (guess it's raining)...In 1974 Evel Knievel attempted to jump the snake river canyon at Twin Falls. I was Internal VP of the Jaycees and signed Evel into our chapter! The quorum voted 8 for 1 against sponsoring him. I was the only "against".  The Jaycees filled up two refrigerated semi-trailers with cold beer. When K failed the jump the crowd rioted, stormed the trailers, took the beer, money and 2 shotguns, then they burned the two trailers. The organization lost $60,000 filed bankruptcy and lost their charter.

I understand one of the original mechanics on K's rocket is planning to jump the canyon sometime this summer, 2016.

Authentic Vintage Easy Rider Dennis Hopper Finger Scene Poster | eBay

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service