I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

March 21-24, 2013

The Cyclorama

At The Boston Center for The Arts
539 Tremont Street, in the South End

50 Select Exhibitors

offering modern to contemporary fine art, photography, jewelry, 
Mid-Century furnishings and contemporary studio furniture, decorative arts, sculpture, fine prints, drawings and more at the only show and sale of its kind 
in New England... affordable works to museum-quality masterpieces!

Gala Preview
Thursday, March 21, 5:30 – 8:30 pm

To Benefit
Boston Architectural College 

Enjoy delicious food, fine wine, festive music, and of course, the first choice of a dazzling array of art and design. Complimentary catalog and re-admission throughout the weekend. Valet parking available.  All proceeds benefit the BAC, New England’s largest independent, accredited college of spatial design.  

For more information visit our Gala Preview page here.

AD20/21 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award

John P. Axelrod, Collector and Philanthropist

The award will be presented at 6:00pm at the Gala Preview.

XXX 8378 1309543805 1Weekend Show Hours

Friday 1pm – 8pm
Saturday 11am – 8pm
Sunday 11am – 5pm
Weekend Admission $15, Under 12 Free - Online or at the door.

The 14th Annual Boston Print Fair takes place in Salon A & B of The Cyclorama concurrently with the AD20/21 show. No additional admission is required.

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ADVANCE TICKETS

Complimentary catalog, guest speakers, coat check and re-admission. Bistro café at the show by Jules Catering.  Discount parking and valet parking available throughout the weekend.  Click here for a map and driving directions.

2013 Special Programs

Friday March 22, 1:30pm - Panel
ART & DESIGN IN TODAY’S HOME | Sponsored by EcoModern Design

The compelling nature of modern art and designer furniture poses both challenges and opportunities for interior designers.  Integrating outstanding pieces into comfortable and functional spaces requires imagination and creativity. Join our panel of design experts for tips, insights, and examples of how to marry art and design for incredible results. Moderated by Design New England Editor Gail Ravgiala.  Panelists include: Andra Birkerts of Andra Birkerts Interior Design, Dennis Duffy of Duffy Design Group, and Kate McCusker of Theodore & Company.  Bring your questions for a lively exchange of ideas and inspiration.

Saturday March 23, 3:00pm  - Featured Speaker
“Design After Modernism” | Judith B. Gura, author of the book by the same title

Bauhaus, Postmodernism, High Tech, and Green Design:  Judith Gura explains the important movements, forms, and furnishings from the 1950s to the present. With the first decade of the 21st  century behind us, it's time to reassess the concept of  “modern”.  Design After Modernismoffers an overview of design over the past four decades—some evolutionary, some expected, and some extraordinary. It identifies the diverse influences that have generated new directions in design and illustrates many of the most characteristic, most noteworthy, and most innovative objects in this rich and variegated mix.  A book signing will follow.

Sunday March 24, 2:00pm  - Special Guest 
“Modern Architecture, Art Deco to Contemporary in Manhattan” 
Alfred Pommer of New York City Cultural Walking Tours 

As far back as 1899 anti-historical styles can be found in Manhattan’s buildings.  The facade of Louis Sullivan’s Bayard Conduit Building foreshadows both Art Deco and Modern architecture. After WW I these two distinctive styles of architecture became popular, competing to become the dominant style.  After WW II Modern (International Style) dominated into the early 1980‘s when Post Modern became the style of choice. In the late 1990’s Deconstructionism exerted a strong influence.  More contemporary buildings are harder to label, and are sometimes called Late Modern, Folded Glass Towers, or Hi Tech.   Alfred Pommer is the author of 2 books:Exploring the Original West Village and New York's SoHo.

http://ad2021.com/

Views: 14

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service