TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I know this is probably the least important detail about this Galvanic Generator necklace pendant, but I've always wondered why the image was put on horizontally when the loop on the end would have made the pendant hang vertically on the person's chest? Seems like a lot of effort (and $$) went into the design and production of this product, so I doubt that somebody just "messed up." Any thoughts?

Views: 89

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Although the loop appears to be original to the pendant (with the way the pendant was made where the loop is connected to the pendant), it also appears that it was designed for another method of mounting with the holes above and beneath the image..?
--jay

Could be ... I've wondered about those two holes, too. The brass loop is definitely original. The back had to be flat up against the chest for the thing to "work," and I would think the design on the front was not to be covered by some holder device, so I just haven't figured it out. (I'm attaching the back on this post.) Even an ad I found for the pendant shows it vertical, so maybe I'm wondering about something that didn't matter to the manufacture of this thing. (I have the ad on the Oct 16th entry of my blog: quackcogitations.blogspot.com)

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service