TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I am trying to identify these dishes made by Pyrex. They were made in Canada and I cannot find them anywhere on the internet, e-bay - no where. Does anyone know the name - they are not delphite blue - more of an aqua.

Views: 68

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Sandi, I'm not familiar with them, but they are gorgeous! :O)
These are discussed and pictured on pages 138 & 139 of PYREX The Unauthorized Collector's Guide by Barbara E. Mauzy. She moderates the Pyrex group here. These are harder to find Pyrex pieces and are nice finds.
Hi Sandi,

These are a pattern known as Piecrust. If you take a look at the crimped style of the rim you can see how it resembles a pie crust. They are actually in Barbara Mauzy's Depression Glass books, that's where I learned about them. My niece has a whole collection of these dishes...a complete set of 12 place settings as well as serving pieces and she got the lot of them at a garage sale for $35.00!

They are a beautiful blue and being made by Pyerx, they are a good quality. The only challenge with this pattern is the same as any plain pattern - the plates can get scratched from knives and forks. I personally think it's worth the challenge of scratches to own something so beautiful.

Hope this is helpful and check in with Barbara, I'm sure she can tell you even more than I can.

Marg

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service