On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi,

I'm an experienced collector of Polish vintage porcelain from 50's & 60's. The abstract forms (known as 'Picassos') were designed in the Institute of Industrial Design and manufactured in several state-owned factories like Cmielow, Chodziez or Tulowice.

The figurines, vases, tea sets etc. were exported during communist times, so now really good pieces can be found in US, UK and other Western countries.

Unfortunately - unless someone decides to put them on eBay - it is hardly possible for me to track the items or even announce that I'm interested. Being located in Poland, I'm not familiar with foreign antique dealer networks, best information channels etc.

I would be really grateful for any hints on this - how to reach to the sellers and advertise my interest (hopefully I can do it also through this forum :) ). In exchange, I'm happy to share the information on Polish vintage porcelain, photos etc. And of course if you have any items to sell, please let me know.

Regards,

Staszek

Views: 443

Replies to This Discussion

Can you add photos of some of your pieces so we can be more familiar with what you are searching for?  Thanks :)

Hi,

sure thing, please find some photos from my collection. Please note these items have been re-issued in modern times by Cmielow factory, but obviously I'm looking for 60's originals, with different marks and signatures than current ones.

Regards,

Staszek

Attachments:

Wow!  These are fantastic pieces!  I've never seen anything like them!  Have you searched eBay at all?  www.ebay.com  Not sure if you can access it from Poland to the extent you can in the US.  I am going to check now.  Also, do these pieces have any kind of markings or hallmarks to identify them?

Thanks.

Hi,

I search eBay quite extensively, but my hope is that only small part gets listed there, others may be waiting for me in shops' dusted corners.

Most popular mark is Cmielow (see the attached). Chodziez mark is very similar, and there are others like Tulowice (also see attached). Generally it says something like "Made in Poland" :) Also attached is a photo from my shelf.

Regards,

Staszek

Attachments:

Thanks, this really helps a lot!  I'll be on the lookout!

Hi,

these are not Cmielow pieces, though they're often confused with Polish 60's pottery. I guess they may come from Rosenthal or similar factory.

Regards,

Staszek

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service