TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

What is your tradition? Do you pull out all the ornaments from the past every year...or do you go with a theme and mix old with new collectibles?

Barbara Crews, excellent author for About.com Collectibles, personally decorates several themed Christmas trees each year. Here's a peak at her NYC tree, loaded with all kinds of collectibles...some traditional, some not so much! :)

What's your favorite tree?

Views: 505

Replies to This Discussion

American Pride Christmas Theme Tree

Let your true colors show by decorating your Christmas tree in patriotic red, white, and blue. The all-American look adapts well to December or July!

Editor's Lights Tip: Watch ads closely for the best sales on Christmas lights as it gets closer to tree decorating time, and be open to where you shop for Christmas lights -- the hardware store, grocery store, and crafts store are all good places to get your lights.

Crafty Christmas Tree

By BHG

"Forget fancy! Decorate with handmade Christmas ornaments for a homey, cozy Christmas tree. Colorful candy cane, wreath, and snowflake ornaments crafted from pipe cleaners and animal ornaments made from Perler beads pop against the subtle white lighting. A multicolor beaded garland looks like a candy necklace against the evergreen and adds simple sweetness.

Editor's Lighting Tip: Mix and match your Christmas lights. Highlight a background of white or clear lights by wrapping the outer limbs of the Christmas tree with strands of colored lights."

BHG Creative Christmas Tree Themes

Black-and-White Silhouette Christmas Tree

Use old-fashioned framed silhouettes in a fresh, updated way -- as Christmas tree decorations. Hang them on the tree with green ribbon, then embellish with silver mementos and sprigs of faux white berries to complete the classic look.

Editor's Lighting Tip: Match the color of your Christmas lights with the color of your ornaments to create a classy, monochromatic look for your Christmas tree

This year, I am doing a themed "tea party" Christmas tree using my tea cup porcelain ornaments and other related tea party items. I'll get photos soon...

On the topic of themed trees, here's my little "tea party" tree...

This LENOX - HOLIDAY COFFEE TEA & ME ORNAMENT would look great on my tree this year...with the tea party theme!

So...my theme this year was a photo tree. Not at all vintage or antique or collectibles...but warms my heart with seeing my family who all live far away.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service