TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hello, I'm new here so please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

My Great Grandmother left me all her glass along with this Pitcher. I'm wondering if anyone can estimate the age or where it was made. It stands 11" tall from the bottom to the lip. Any help appreciated!

Views: 48

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Diane,

Your pitcher is probably Bohemian, c.1900-10. It's got the very distinct Jugendstil look.

It's Gorgeous Diane! and Welcome to Glass Hounds, we are happy to have you! The only thing I would recommend for you to share your heirloom glass with us better in future, is to post the photo's directly to the page instead of using the link. I'm not sure if it works using a phone though?

If using a PC or laptop, just click on the Blue "image" button instead of the link button, and your item(s) will pop up right here on the page!

Now, I do agree with Lb on the origin for your beautiful pitcher! The style is rather in the "Art Nouveau" era which fits the time frame she gave you perfectly! Good luck and do share more glass with us, when your able! Vicki

Thank you both for the help!

I have had several of these pieces in my ebay store over the years. 

Would have been made in Austria during the Secessionist movement (the transition period from art nouveau to art deco).

Just gorgeous Wendy! Thank you for sharing with us! :)

Thought I would tell you I took the Pitcher to an acquaintance who is an appraiser. He wouldn't even charge me. Here is what he said.

This looks like it has been made in Bohemia or Austria at the turn of the century.

The decoration has that symmetrical or architectural Secessionist style rather than the more organic Art Nouveau style that one associates with French designs. The decoration is very formal with flat painted gilt and raised gilt and white enamel.
Auction value:
 $400 - $800

Awesome! And Congrats Diane! Our Glass hounds are pretty darn good with ID for most types of glass. I love it all! Do share if you have more, as well! 

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service