TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

During today's garage sale, a woman manager to worm herself into the house and started looking through the glass cabinets. She found this in one and asked if I wanted to sell it because she collected caramel slag. I hadn't considered selling it until I researched it. Of course, prices on eBay are all over the place from $25 to $200. What would be a likely price to ask here in upstate NY?

Views: 27

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, new to me or I just never paid attention to any slag save for lamp shades(which, I can say, made me the life of the party many times!).

Wish I could assist.

Well, It's definatly Imperial Glass "Windmill" pattern. This was made in many colors, and was made back at the turn of the 20th century, and then again in the 1960's and 1970's when it became popular again. 

If you have the Imperial marking, it is likely from the second wave. As such it would not be the Antique pieces that command much higher prices. It looks like the small creamer - so that too will affect your pricing. It really depends on you Lillian. What would you be happy with?

Here in MI. I'd prolly put $28 on it. Up to you though. 

I checked it - it has the superimposed IG mark on the interior of the bottom. The exterior bottom has a ray pattern.

Yes, that would date it to the second period of production. Hope that helps you with your decision. :)

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service