TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Found this painting today in a cheap second hand store.  It is 27" x 23" mounted on a wooden frame although I do not think that was the original frame.  The canvas is the exact size of the back of the frame.  There was no paper over top of the back and no signature or other markings.  The canvas is white under frame and gray on back.  When you hold it up to the light, you can't see through the dark paint. 

I looked at it under a jewellers loupe and the brush strokes follow the exact painting (they are where they should be).  When you run your finger along it, the white paint is raised.

I was thinking of having this properly mounted as I love it although it is a bit damaged - canvas was stretched a bit in a couples of places from something leaning on it.

Anyway, I'm interested to learn if this might be an original and who the artist is.  Thank you.

Views: 75

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Gwen, I was surfing this group and found your 2014 post with no replies...reason being is that you posted it in the wrong area. This group "Estate Mavens" is about disposing of estates.

You need to post this in group:  Whadjafind.  http://iantiqueonline.ning.com/group/whadjafind

You should get a higher response and perhaps will be able to answer your questions.

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service