TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

This stand all carved and with original hardware still has its towel rack. Any ideas of value?

Thank you, Paul

mrgee1959@gmail.com

Views: 40

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Paul, This is pretty, but I've got a suspicion that it is actually a reproduction. Firstly, the size is wrong, imo. All Victorian era washstands that I've seen are very small, demure little pieces that take up very little room. What is the exact size on yours?

Secondly, What is going on with the blank panel on the left side of the stand? The towel rack to does not seam to jive with traditional washstands. It appears to be to tall. 

The style of your stand enjoyed a great deal of popularity in the 1970's and 80's and my guess would be yours dates to one of those eras.

You might check inside the drawers, usually on one side or the other for a makers name. It might also tell you more from the back of the piece. If you check the type of wood that the bottom drawers are made of, this to would help you to better date it. 

Good Luck!

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service