TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Interested in abstract paintings from the 1970s and 80s? A group of about 50 highly colorful acrylic paintings, most of them fairly large (about 48" x 60" on average) is available for sale. Jane Mitchell was an American artist who was trained in studio art in the 1930s, and lived in Europe during the 1950s and 60s, when she developed an abstract painting style. She returned to the US in 1970 and spent the rest of her career living and working in eastern Pennsylvania. At the time of her death in 1988 she left behind several hundred paintings, prints and drawings.  About 80 paintings are now available for sale, with 3/4 of them on stretchers and the rest as rolled canvases.

I will attach a few images of representative paintings to this post. I have a document with images of about 50 of the paintings and information on the title, size, medium and date. It is about 11 MB. I would be glad to send it to any interested parties by e-mail, along with biographical information on Jane Mitchell. She was my aunt, and a fine, lively individual.

I'd be glad to have any suggestions on how to reach an audience of potential buyers who value this period and style of work.

We don't have an asking price yet for these works, but would entertain offers for the paintings individually, in groups or for the entire body of work.

Views: 166

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

These are very colorful and would possibly be interested in some, possibly smaller ones. Were they signed & dated by your Aunt?

Thank you,

Pamela.

Hi Pamela,

Glad to hear you are interested. The paintings are signed in the lower right, although it's hard to see that in the images. We have an inventory identifying the year of each one. If you'd like to see the full range of images and sizes, I'd be glad to send you the pdf overview document.

S. Hooker

That would be great! My email is occupied78@aol.com

Thank you!

Pamela.

Hi Antoinette,

Your reply did not come through, other than your name. If you are interested in the full document with images of about 50 paintings., please forward your e-mail address to me.

Thanks, S. Hooker

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service