TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Description:
Beautiful examples of decorative plates have been made by almost every porcelain company in the world in a variety of subjects in all price ranges. This book features hundreds of these beautiful plates, from the top-of-the-line portrait plates showing painters artistic skills to the more common subjects like landscapes, animals, birds, flowers, and fruit. Transfer print decorated items as well as fine quality hand-painted decorations are showcased in over 1,000 color photographs. Historical background on early ceramic art, the development of tableware, and plates for display are included, and the differences between chargers, service plates, game and fish sets, oyster plates, and commemorative plates are discussed. Organized by country or geographic area, the book covers both American and foreign items. Deldare art pottery, Pickard china, French, German, and Oriental plates, marks, and the popular hobby of American china painting - it's all in Decorative Plates. 2008 values.

Views: 135

Replies to This Discussion

Product Description
Elegant, hand-painted porcelain plates were popularly produced as decorative fine arts during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Created by some of the most influential potteries and decorating houses in England and Europe, examples here include plates from Brown-Westhead, Moore & Company*TM, Davenport*TM, Doulton*TM, Feuillet*TM, Camille Le Tallec*TM, Meissen*TM, Minton*TM, Se*\vres*TM, and Wedgwood*TM. Over 675 beautiful full color images display lovely portraits, romantic landscapes and city scenes, still-life paintings, and floral arrangements. The engaging text provides concise histories of the factories, decorating studios, the artisans with the marks employed by each, an extensive bibliography, and an index. Current values are found in the captions. This book will be enjoyed by anyone who appreciates fine art and will inspire artists, collectors, and designers. http://www.amazon.com/Hand-Painted-Porcelain-Plates-Nineteenth/dp/0...

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service