TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM
A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art
Quirky flea-market finds become interesting decorating opportunities when you put your imagination to work. Repurpose antiques, collectibles and architectural salvage to make a one-of-a-kind statement. Kick-start your creativity by asking a few questions about your find: Can it work as a container? Would it work as art? Where could it fit in your home? Check out our ideas on how to use some treasures we found, from kitchen items to toys:
1. A tin bread box (left) makes a unique vase or plant pot (just line it so it doesn't rust--and punch a drain hole), or it can organize your recipes inside.
2. A rusty stove becomes an indoor-outdoor plant holder with potted geraniums in the burner holes.
3. A curly building corbel (left) becomes a plate display piece.
4. An ornate fireplace mantel makes an unusual headboard.
5. A paneled door can become a blackboard, bulletin board or mirror with the proper insert in the top opening. Just lean it against the wall!