TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I have probably even 100 more from little bitty to rather large. I am thinking of starting to make some jewelry from some. Hope we can get some people going on this site.

Views: 141

Replies to This Discussion

hello, if your going to make jewelry please don't cut off the shanks on the older nice ones

Peg's eCrater
Blog
all about buttons

I saw where they put a wire through the shank and then on to wire loop earrings. Also make necklaces and bracelets where you put wire, string, or whatever through and then knot.  Also, I have some with flat backs and two holes. Here are some I was thinking of using.

Peg, I went to your website and it is very nice your collection. I bought my adult daughter a charm bracelet and am looking to add things to remind her of her life. And I see from your collections that these buttons that you have would be wonderful for that, they are small and light for a charm bracelet. Mickey Mouse for going to Disney as an example. I will show her what you have, I told her some stuff and it is amazing what they put on buttons. 

thanks for looking at my store..

I saw where they put a wire through the shank and then on to wire loop earrings. Also make necklaces and bracelets where you put wire, string, or whatever through and then knot.  Also, I have some with flat backs and two holes. Do you collect, sell buy? Here are some I was thinking of using.

Attachments:

the picture of the metal ones your thinking of using for the bracelets look to have green stuff on them that is called verdigris it can be cleaned off BUT will leave a black mark and eventually come back..never put these buttons in with other buttons especially celluloids

keep metal buttons separate from all other materials

good luck with the jewelry making

OK thank you for that information.

I separated all metal ones and found at least one nice military one off my father's uniform Army Corp of Engineers European Theatre Division 1944 - ...  The Waterbury Button Co (back of button) is still in business and this picture is from their website.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2018   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service