On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

In the 90s I recall Goebel created new lovely Half Dolls.   Did you all know that Half Dolls being made nowadays?  ebay.ca...the new dolls are coming from in Austraila.  What do you think about this? 

Views: 239

Replies to This Discussion

I hadn't heard about this.  I'd love to see some, wonder if they are as beautiful as the old ones?

Many are quite beautiful .  The faces are more defined. The painting of the faces are more

precise

Pincushion dolls - for lower prices order online through ca.forchri...

Check out what is in that link.  Also go to ebay.ca  or ebay.au   and look up half dolls.

Ellen

Ellen,

I did check out the link and saw some of the newer dolls.  There is a distinct difference between the old and the new.  I would say the older pin cushion dolls have a delicacy that can't be matched in the newer ones.  The new ones seem to have a lot more fru fru to them and the details are less defined.  What did you think when you first saw them?

When I first saw them it seemed odd to me they were posted as new.  I read and reread the postings of several to figure out what was up with the dolls. I even wrote to

someone and this was her response "Ellen, This Half doll is named Sylvia still very much on the market in Australia. Many doll makers will have this doll."  There are dolls that actually seem from the 30s and up. Some of the "used" as oppose to vintage are stamped on the inside of the base "foreign". The "new" dolls seem to have a set amount that was made from a mold and no more. Each half doll has a number 364/500. As we know the dolls closer to 1 are considered more valuable.  

By for now,

Ellen

Thank you for the information.  All the half dolls I have were from my Mother's collection so I know they are old.

You are welcome.

Ellen :)

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service