TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Japanese "Ao" Imari (blue/green Imari) Oval Scalloped Edge Dish / Bowl / Unknown Maker and Age

Found this odd dish / bowl and it's a bit of a mystery . I believe it's known as "Ao" or blue green Imari. Not sure about the age. I do have a couple of the red and blue pieces and this seems to look 19th century to me. It has an unusual shape roughly 12" x 11" more like a shallow bowl with a scalloped edge. The design has this unusual object in the foreground and I have no idea what it could be. Does anyone have any info about this piece they could share? -Mike-

Views: 79

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike, I don't think that is any form of "Imari" - Imari examples are those with really bright painted patterns sectioned into shapes going around what ever vessel was painted.

I'd like to say your piece looks a bit like "cream-ware" but I can't really tell by the base. Does it look like the white-ness of a glaze/paint has chipped off around the rim of the base to you?

The other example I'm thinking of is Chinese Export Porcelain. I'm not great at Asian anything however, so you may have to do some hunting around.

Kathy or Laura are both very good with Asian antiques to, perhaps they would know?

Hi Vicki... I have a few pieces of the red and cobalt blue, but this is what I found online that looks similar to this plate. The pictures are copy protected so I supplied the link for you .

-Mike-

http://www.trocadero.com/stores/wasabidou/items/1175562/item1175562...

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service