TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

pic 1 "Rubberized three piece bathing costume in red with red and white polka dots; from Marshall Field and Co.

pic 2 For golf on cooler days, a knitted sweater, with jersey collar, coffs and skirt; from Marshall Field and Co.

pic 3 Circular basket weave material skirt in brown and tan, with brown suede jacket; from Abercrombie and Fitch Co.

source: 1926 Country Life

found some neat deco era ephemera last weekend, these tear pages were among them

Views: 65

Replies to This Discussion

I'm just seeing this now, but I *love* this article, and anything to do with early women's sportswear. The bathing costume in "red with red and white polka dots" must have been something to see!

Metro re: red and white polka dot..... I know right...and what the heck is "rubberized" ?! lol

Ha ha, I was wondering the same thing about the 'rubberized' part. Imagine how hot that would have been to wear -- but probably great for weight loss, lol. ;)

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service