TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Not really sure this is art deco...perhaps more "gothic" but just picked this up at a yeard sale and can't find it anywhere online...actually I found the identical one on Ebay...but when I went to the site it wasn't there...it is made by Syroco and the back reads "Copyright MCMLXVII Syroco Made in USA 4025"  It measures 44" across and 30" high...it's big :)  Does anyone know the value of this?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!!!  It has 9 arms for candles also...

Views: 268

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Elizabeth, Syroco was made as wood byproduct, using pulp wood, glue and resin for their formula. So, they are not really "wood" per se. Also, most of the originals would have been put out in a wood tone, or in a gold, gilded "fancy" type paint. I'm sure someone painted yours black. But, it looks like they did a nice job, so it might enhance value a bit.

Because these are basically a "resin/plastic" type material value is not great on most of their items, but there are collectors who love their "vintage hollywood regency" style. Most are from the 1940's and 50's, so they would not be in the style of "Art Deco", at all.

Value on most of these is $25 - $35. But because yours is a nice size it might go for a bit more.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the information :)

Definitely not art deco in any way, shape or form. I'd say $10 - $15

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service