TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I came across a picture of a restoration project that boggles the mind.  As you look at the picture of two pieces, you have to wonder, is it work restoring and where do you begin.   I welcome your input and perspectives on projects like this.  

Views: 80

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Oh my!  I sure hope it's a special set for someone.  I'm a beginner but that looks worse than "poor condition".  What would you chare for that?

If the frame is stable, you can usually start from the beginning and replace with new reed.  This appears to be a hardwood frame that needs some restoration as well.   Using  boiled linseed oil or even Danish Oil-clear, you can put life back into the frame.  Then redrill the holes for the spokes and lay in the weavers.   If you are bringing a natural wicker back to like the Linseed Oil is a good treatment for the reeds used in wicker furniture.

Charles

TaleWeaver 

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service