TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Hi, I found this lamp the other day and I thought it was very interesting. Unfortunately its sort out of the normal for what I normally collect, so I honestly have no idea how to even approach identifying it.

Its a blue porcelain lamp with what looks like brass styling to it. The lamp itself almost looks serves style to me, but theres no markings that I can really see. If anyone can help maybe identify it, date it, and possibly value it (theres a small chip near the bass which will probably decrease it), then that would be greatly appreciated. 

I uploaded some photos to photobucket If you need anymore then let me know, the link is below:

http://s1234.photobucket.com/user/IAmAries/library/Antique%20Lamp?s...

Thank You

Views: 97

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Josh, I would agree that your urn is Sevres Style. My thought is that it probably is an antique piece with the brass ormolu mounts, that would be approx. 1880 - 1910 ish. It may have started life as part of a garniture set. Having two urn style vases and a clock for the mantle.

One may have broke, and the remaining one was turned into a lamp, by the plug and old style fixtures looks like 1930's or so. I do not think this was ever designed to be a lamp per se. 

So that leaves you with a pretty, antique urn turned into a lamp. LOL Hope that helps a bit!

Thank you so much for the reply.

That's really cool actually. Ironically I think it might be the oldest piece of porcelain I own apart from a few plates and a set of rare 19th century copies of messien monkey figurines. Guess it's fairly unique then and it will probably be kind of hard to place a definitive value on it.

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.

Yes Indeed Josh! and your very welcome! Happy to help if I can. :)

RSS

SPONSORED

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service