On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Found this lamp recently.  

Brass base, porcelain body, shade has probably been recovered.  It was very dirty but I managed to clean the fabric back to a very acceptable level.

Overall height to top of shade is 37 1/2 inches.

Is this a Sitzendorf (German) lamp?  

Age? 

Style?

Value?

Thank you.

Views: 112

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jim,

Are there any markings? You may need to separate the metal base on the bottom to see the underside of the porcelain vase.

Thanks for your reply.

No markings that I can see.  I realize that there may be a makers mark on the underside of the porcelain body, but my wife does not want me to risk taking it apart, it's her lamp.  I was hoping someone might recognize it without seeing a makers mark.

Thanks for taking a look.

What strikes me is the under use of the color green and the ivy that seems so prevalent in the other pieces I find with any kind of floral motif.  Also the flowers are muted and do not vary in color like the flowers in other examples, but there is a more pronounced use of gold.  Not suggesting that I know anything, but the feeling seems a bit different than Sitzendorf.

Related image

Related image

Image result for Sitzendorf (German) Lamp

Image result for Sitzendorf (German) Lamp

Thank you for the reply.  I see what you mean about the muted colors in comparison to your Sitzendorf examples.  I think it is of German origin though.

The important thing is that we like it, fits in perfectly.

Maybe the maker will remain a mystery.

Thanks again.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2019   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service