TO ADVERTISE ON THIS SITE : CONTACT DIANNE AT DIANNE@CDIANNEZWEIG.COM

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I have this all brass double crooked gas fueled ceiling mount light fixture. What I would like to know is how old it is exactly, what was originally over those wires surrounding the spouts, and how what's its value?

Any info you have I'd appreciate.

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

My guess at the age is late 19th to early 20th century--say 1890 to WW1. I think the wires were an unusual type of shade holder. A glass shade would fit over the wires with the curve at the upper ends of the wires fitting over the top of the open glass shade. The gas burners seem to have been fitted with spark lighters so that matches would not be needed, or perhaps it was a type of pilot light mechanism. I'm not too familiar with prices these days, but if I had to say, maybe around $150.

And should I choose to sell it, would it be better if I polished it? Or leave it tarnished?

I'm not sure which is better. I think most people who use this type of fixture will have it restored and polished, though some prefer to do the work themselves. I would not electrify it, however, as some collectors might prefer the original gas fittings left alone.

Alright. Thank you for your time.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

SPONSORED

& Terms of Use

© 2017   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service