On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.
A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art
What I understand:
1) Mounted in yellow metal (Might just be pinchbeck, not tested)
2) Encased in what looks like Irish Bog Wood (Three leaf clovers kinds gives it away)
3) Nose is Roman style and straight suggesting Victorian or earlier
4) Clasp is a 'C' shape, and the pin extrudes out past the brooch, which I also believe suggests 1800's
1) Scene looks to be Tudor/ Renaissance (In style) due to dress, and hawking.
2) Someone said it may be Italian.
3) Simplistically carved (Could this suggest an early piece?)
Anyway, I really have little knowledge of cameos, just liked the look of this one.
So if anyone has seen one like this before and can provide more definitive details I would be very appreciative.
Sorry to say I have never seen one like it. The frame looks very old but the cameo doesn't seem to have the wear you would expect to see. It looks to be in a gold setting inside the wood. Does it come out? or have you checked? You might want to see if the back pops off. It could give you a better look at the cameo.
I know I am going to have to remove the wooden encasement, it means removing parts of the wood which has been glued to hold the cameo in.
If I do it carefully I should be able to put it back afterwards.
I doubt it is gold, I'm never that lucky but it would be nice to see the back, might even have a signature?
Worth a try. Good luck.