On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

Watching American Pickers the other night, they stopped by a place in upper state New York and the dealer was a twelve year old who had partnered up with an older guy who had some inventory. One of the objects that the guys were looking to buy was a vintage advertising bottle opener.

Do you collect these?

HARVARD BEER PRE-PROHIBITION TIN LITHO BEER BOTTLE OPENER

"Bottle openers only became common kitchen items after the crown top (also called the crown cork) was invented by a Baltimore bottler named William Painter in 1892. Prior to that, Hutchinson and other types of beer and soft-drink bottles came with attached stoppers. This was convenient for consumers, but the stoppers did a poor job of keeping the contents of the bottle fresh. Crown-top bottles were a huge improvement from a health standpoint, but they required a tool to be opened.

William Painter invented that, too, and as his crown technology was embraced by more and more bottlers, bottle openers were produced in enormous numbers, usually with advertisements on them for beverages, bars, and restaurants..." READ MORE Collectors Weekly - Antique Beer and Soda Bottle Openers

SHARE HERE on what's in your collection or store...

Views: 922

Replies to This Discussion

Vintage Canadian Bottle Openers

Tennessee Antique Shack

Breweriana by Antique Bottle Depot

"We are always in the market for early brewery advertising and bottles. Shown here are examples of some items we purchase, but many other types of beer advertising not depicted here are also of interest to us.

We seek any early, good condition beer tray, beer sign, beer clock, etched beer glass, beer bottle, beer tip tray, beer mug, beer bottle opener, or nearly any other beer advertising. We are interested in items from any early brewery, but breweries of special interest include HAMMS, BLATZ, YOERG, MINNEAPOLIS BREWING, STANDARD BREWING, BIERBAUER, SCHMIDT, PABST, SCHLITZ, ANHEUSER BUSCH, GLUEK, AND KIEWEL."

Niagara Falls souvenir bottle opener from the 50's.

From our local area out here in Meeker, Colorado. I believe it is from the 1950's.

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service