On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

"Few brands have been as effectively and aggressively marketed as Coca-Cola, which was invented in 1886 by John S. Pemberton. Almost from day one, advertising materials, including signs, were produced to trumpet the virtues of the sweet, carbonated beverage. In fact, in his first year of business, Pemberton spent more money on advertising than he took in, producing, among other items, 14 outdoor signs painted on oilcloth and another 45 painted on tin. Today, thanks in part to his early obsession with advertising, Coca-Cola is one of the best-known brand names in the world.

The first metal Coca-Cola signs were lithographed or painted. Known as tackers, these signs were designed to be nailed directly through the metal and onto a wooden wall or fence. Even at this early moment in the company’s history, Coca-Cola understood the power of the celebrity endorsement—by the end of the 19th century, the popular opera singer Hilda Clark was pitching the beverage on rectangular and oval signs, made out of everything from paper to metal.

By 1910 the short-lived era of large outdoor oilcloth signs had come to an end. Because these signs wore out quickly (they were no match for the elements), they were systematical...

▼ Read the full article ▼by Collector's WeeklyFor sale on eBay

Views: 2566

Replies to This Discussion

Do you believe in re-purposing your coke collectibles?

Have a Coke and Smile

"Coca‑Cola often celebrates the change in seasons and popular holidays through its advertising campaigns. Now that autumn is here we’ve picked out some Halloween-themed ads to share - featuring carved pumpkins, witches’ hats and ‘trick or treaters’… Happy Halloween!"

Coca-Cola Vintage UK

Coca-Cola and Christmas go together...right? At least Santa is Coca-Cola fan! :)

Christmas Ads of Yesteryear

Please share your vintage Coca-Cola advertising collectibles here!

Oh my! Coca Cola retro 1950's Vending Machine Christmas Lights!!!

Clever advertising collectible!

Vintage Coca-Cola Christmas @ Collectors Weekly

"The modern image of a fat, red-suited Santa Claus with a beard is often attributed to Haddon Sundblom, an artist hired by Coca-Cola in the 1930s to promote their product during the winter months. The ads he created portrayed a ruddy Santa Claus bringing cheer with a bottle of Coke, and the image stuck.

There's a wide variety of collectible Coca-Cola Christmas items on the market, including trays, glasses, toy delivery trucks, Santa figurines, snow globes, ornaments, advertisements and other ephemera. Look for old items, condition, and the original Sundblom images."

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service