On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

thank you for the information on the Ideal Doll! This doll measures 14" high and it appears she has glass eyes. which stay open. Legs, body & arms are stuffed. I do not see any name on her back though.

Views: 34

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

From the photo the dolls nose looks like metal under the paint. Does it appear that way to you? If so she is a very old melal head doll. Is her body leather or cloth? Is hard to tell from the pictures. If she does not have hair eyelashes, only painted ones, that would date her before 1910. Her condition is only fair. Please let me know what the spot on nose looks like and her body type. Thank you.
Her entire body, other then the shoulder plate head, is stuffed cloth. The head feels like composition although under her nose sure does look like metal. I am wondering if in fact it is tin.
Attachments:
There were many metal head dolls made around the turn of the century. The German ones are marked Minerva, Juno, and Diania or unmarked. I do not think yours is a German doll because they had molded hair and painted or glass eyes. Your doll has glass eyes and a wig so she looks American made. The American All-Metal Child cira 1917 and on were made by Gibeler-Falk, Atlas Doll & Toy company and others. They had a wig, sleep eyes, or glass eyes, Yours is in only fair condition so it does not have much value. To fix her you would have to have her repainted on her face, etc. The value of these dolls is not worth the price to have them fixed. Hope this helps you out.
thank you so much for all the information on the 3 dolls. I appreciate the time you have taken!

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service