On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

The decade of the 50's produced some great fashion dolls. We all know about Barbie, who is having her 50th birthday this year, but how much do you know about the dolls that lead up to her? Here is our chance to look back at some of those lovely fashion ladies.

Madame Alexander took the lead in revolutionizing the doll industry in many ways. Cissy was probably one of her best examples of this. A doll that was made to look like a lady and made to wear the fashionable clothes of the era. With the success of this doll other companies followed suit and the age of the buxom doll began.
Ideal came out with the Miss Revlon dolls, Uneeda had the Dollikin and many other companies also came out with competing dolls. These dolls were made to be shapely more adult dolls than those that came before them.

Views: 42

Replies to This Discussion

Prices on some of the rarer of these dolls are quite impressive. Cissy's can vary in price from about $500-$2500 for dolls in mint condition. The variation comes from the rarity of the particular outfit.

Pictures of some beautiful 50's fashion dolls at UFDC convention

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service