On Facebook -JOIN I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles.
Here is the link for the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/
Please join our FB group where YOU can post directly.

I Antique Online

A Community For People Who Buy, Sell or Collect Antiques, Collectibles and Art

I have to show someone that will hopefully appreciate my personal collection of early Hubley cast iron banks. I have a passion for the English Bulldog bank and doorstop. One has never been opened and all the seams are still sealed and the screw is still covered, the other has been opened so all seams are opened too. I think he is a little newer as the paint is a little different and the painted face is "sharper". and finally My personal pride and joy is the third one. He was a rust bucket or more appropriately found in a rust bucket and had no paint and tons of active rust on the whole front half, inside and out. I have cleaned him up and repainted him to what he now is. "They" say DO NOT repaint but when in that condition it was all I could do and he is now my favorite. Does anyone out there share my passion and do you have any history of the production of these. Well, Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day.  

Views: 925

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

New Information has come to my attention....These Cast Iron Bulldog banks have been a bit of a confusing journey for me. I Love them but am having a tough time finding reliable information. The three pictures I have posted here are all personal banks owned by me. FIRST The one with the Orange Irises and Black pupils are NOT made by Hubley but were made by Grey Iron Casting Co. from 1959-1971. They are made from the Original Hubley molds that were acquired at some unknown date prior to 1959 from Hubley. The Moore "Penny Bank Book" lists them as Reproductions from the John Wright Co., but John Wright NEVER produced this bank, although they do now possess the Original Molds thru their purchase of Grey Iron Casting Co. in 1968. (The parent company for John Wright is Donsco Co). This information comes to me directly from the John Wright Co.. The other two banks are Original Hubley Model #220 English Bulldog banks and the facial features are painted completely different as can be seen. I am happy to answer any questions presented to me and will try my very best to be of help. I hope I've peaked some interest. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!  

RSS

Welcome To I Antique Online: The Best & Biggest Social Network On Antiques & Collectibles

C. Dianne Zweig

Editor-In-Chief  
Dianne@cdiannezweig.com 

Visit my blog Kitsch n Stuff

Visit my Art Studio/gallery  

Visit Pinterest

Visit Facebook www.facebook.com/iantiqueonline and "LIKE" our page.

JOIN OUR NEW FACEBOOK GROUP I Antique Online.com: Collectors of Antiques and Collectibles Public Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/327133184409134/

C. Dianne Zweig's Blog

& Terms of Use

© 2020   Created by C. Dianne Zweig   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service